Friday 22 May 2020

























Blues Stage KGNU radio show
Hosted by Ruth Brown
Broadcast  June 11th 1990


I wish I had more episodes of Blues Stage
but this is the only one I've heard..
KGNU is still going. Pity they don't have
an online archive of past broadcasts.
They were just one of hundreds of stations
on the National Public Radio networks though
so maybe I should do further research.
Ruth Brown hosted the show from 1989 to 1995.
That's all I know.
regards
Titus


01 (You Can Have My Husband But Please) Don't Mess With My Man (intro By Ruth Brown)
Marve Wright (Tylers, New Orleans)
02 Crosscut Saw
Otis Rush (Blues, Chicago)
03 Feel Like Dying
Sonny Rhodes (Stan Hope House, Stan Hope NJ)
04 Let's Have a Natural Ball
05 Right Place Wrong Time *
Otis Rush (Blues, Chicago)
06 Have a Good Time
Ruth Brown (Portsmouth Virginia)
07 Opening Jam
08 Don't Know What Love Is
09 Gambler's Blues *
Otis Rush (Blues, Chicago)


* with James Wheeler - Guitar
and Little Bobby Neely - Sax


link

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this nice broadcast.
    The first track is "(You Can Have My Husband But Please) Don't Mess With My Man " and the singer is Marva Wright.
    Otis Rush's last number seems to be Gambler's Blues.
    Best regards,
    B-flat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank for the input. Guess I am too vague on this obscure (to me) music. Still finding my way

    ReplyDelete
  3. No probs, you are welcome. From small things big things gonna come!
    Glad to help.
    B-flat

    ReplyDelete