Wednesday, 29 July 2026

































if 
BBC In Concert
Paris Theatre
London, UK
July 22nd 1972 (broadcast date)

Reposted from August 2020

A much overlooked band who were fine musicians.
I guess I'd call it jazz rock.
This is a superb recording.
Only 30 mins long so a nice introduction for the newcomer
and a must-have addition to any fan's collection.
regards
Titus

1. The Light Still Shines
2. What Did I Say About The Box, Jack?
3. Waterfall
4. Seldom Seen Sam

18 comments:

  1. You're right, superb quality. Thanks very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow just discovered your back on the net. I used to download from an older version of The Luxor Dream, so glad to see you are back with another awesome blog. I was wondering if it would be possible to get a re-posting of this awesome show. I really love the music of If. Thank You in advance! JustDave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Titus. Really appreciate the re-post!

      JustDave

      Delete
  3. Y otra persona más que pide nuevo link, buenisíma banda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Todas essas pessoas de ótimo gosto vêm à TLD Mirta :)

      Delete
  4. Gracias de todos modos, tengo If 1, 2, 3, 4 y Double Diamond para escuchar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peço desculpas, Mirta. Entendi errado e achei que você estava pedindo um novo link. Deve estar funcionando agora.

      Delete
  5. Gracias nuevamente, es que la vida es muy corta para escuchar toda la música y leer todos los libros que nos gustan!!

    Thanks again—life is just too short to listen to all the music and read all the books we like!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Titus I downloaded this one from you a few years back, about 2 years after I discovered IF by downloading a compilation of BBC broadcasts. It's called IF British Radio Sessions 1970-1972 . I would like to share it with you. It has about 80 minutes of music. I uploaded it to Mediafire. If you already have the CD then the link will be good for about 30 days and any commenter will find it. https://www.mediafire.com/file/5vlxjc2ssuoss7x/IF_-_British_Radio_Sessions_1970-72_%2528FM%2529_Flac.zip/file
    JustDave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave, I will check it out

      Delete
    2. Thanks for sharing this one JustDave - greatly appreciated

      Delete
  7. Great post again Titus, Already have these and all their studio albums a fantastc Prog, jazz Rock band.
    I first discvovered them on a comp (All good Clean Fun) and was hooked.
    Pysch48

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of my favorite bands. Not to be forgotten, either, is Ian Carr's band Nucleus. Regards, Viking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I should dig out some more Ian Carr/Nucleus stuff

      Delete
  9. Thanks for renewing this IF link Titus - I'm now officially a happy chappy.
    Cheers AR2

    ReplyDelete