Tuesday 19 December 2023

I'm in a frivolous mood so decided to repost this:
Kom Ombo is about 50km north of Aswan.
It has a wonderful temple and nearby Daraw
is home to one of the largest camel markets in Egypt outside of Cairo.
On one of my many travels in Egypt I met this dude.
He was close to the Kom Ombo temple trying to make some money
by giving people the chance to pose for photos with his snakes.
I sat across the road from him for a while watching everybody give him a wide berth.
Felt sorry for him so I went over.
I'd assumed they were harmless local grass snakes.
Only once I was holding them did he warn me they were cobras
and I should grip them firmly just behind the head to avoid death.
At which point this photograph was taken.
Did I live?...Hell, you should see me now!



4 comments:

  1. In deference to Sid James, there will be no jokes about fakirs.
    I have a serpent like that one you are holding but mine is rubber and doesn't bite...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stand by my previous comments. ハッピークリスマス

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First time I've reposted anything. Took me a while to figure out how to do it. Noticed during the process you were the only personv who had commented...and here you are again! cheers Sir Billy

      Delete
  3. Oh, and I nearly missed that...Merry Xmas to you too

    ReplyDelete