Friday 16 April 2021












































I think it is strange how bands have names.
Was a time when being called something like
The Steve Brown Quartet was good enough.
Then it was Steve Brown and the Termites
or any insect would do.
The Alice Cooper group was formerly both The Earwigs and The Spiders.
The latter technically arachnid I know. (pedant...Ed.)
A friend once told me of a band he encountered at college.
They had no instruments and did not sing,
they just played pots and pans.
Their name was 'The Dave Clark Five Trio'
There were four of them.
Still my favourite band name ever.
I once opened a show for Half-Man/Half-Biscuit
Also a great name.
The bass player was very nice and let me use all his expensive gear.
They were huge Tranmere Rovers fans
and it was stipulated in their contract that should Tranmere Rovers
happen to be playing (maybe an unexpected F.A. cup run)
then the gig was off and you could not sue them. True story!
BTW I have a SBD recording of some of our set which I think is from that very night.
Certainly the same venue but I've played there two or three times
and everything merges into one after a couple of decades.
regards
Titus

No comments:

Post a Comment