Saturday 1 May 2021














































Rush & AC/DC
Downsview Park
Tortonto, Canada
July 30th 2003

This has been on my mind for a while.
Rush washing their dirty laundry in public
and AC/DC offering dirty deeds for those on a limited budget.
Sometimes known as SARS-stock,
it was was a fund raiser in response to the SARS epidemic.
Funny how this led to an event with pushing 500,000 people
crammed shoulder to shoulder in a field.
Very different to Covid then huh?
SARS just went away as far as I know.
No lockdowns, no vaccines.
I haven't researched it so maybe I'm wrong.
I'd be interested to hear any views and/or info.
The Rolling Stones headlined
and other acts performed including Justin Timerlake.
Sorry I don't have any Stones footage.
Less sorry about the lack of Timerlake :)
I'm not a huge Rush fan but I like
the Farewell to Kings to Moving Pictures era
which makes up the bulk of their set.
Loved Bon Scott but can't stand Brian Johnson.
It's a full 4GB+ DVD so a big DL.
Good luck to those with poor bandwidth
although there seems to be much less complaining
about file size these days than there used to be.
regards
Titus

Rush set
Tom Sawyer
Limelight
YYZ
Dreamline
Freewill
Closer to the Heart
Pait it Black

AC/DC set
Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be
Back in Black
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Thunderstruck
If You Want Blood
Hell's Bells
The Jack
TNT
You Shook Me All Nite Long
Whole Lotta Rosie
Let There Be Rock
Highway to Hell

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for this DVD! I had the chance to see Rush perform in Germany for the R30 tour (2004 I think) and it was one of the best concerts in my life.
    Yesterday, I saw 'Contagion' (2011, Steven Soderbergh) with Matt Damon & Kate Winslet : very similar to what we are living these days...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray I may give Contagion a try

      Delete
    2. Father Tiresias2 May 2021 at 13:22

      I agree to Ray, this is a very interesting movie. It had been on German TV three months ago and i wondered how many
      parallels it has to this momentary CoroNo situation.
      Soderbergh was a prophet already ten years before.

      Delete
    3. There was a fan filmed DVD of the R30 tour. I may have it somewhere

      Delete
  2. Might be good! I was at the Stuttgart concert ; the official R30 DVD was the day before or after in another german town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just checked out my fan filmed one. It was done at Radio City Music Hall in New York, August 18th 2004. Quite good. Three DVDs of the gig plus a bonus disc I added which is a Canadian TV 'Story of Rush' thing.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for having searched in your archives !

    ReplyDelete