Tuesday 1 June 2021


































Spock's Beard
Scala
Ludwigsburg, Germany
October 20th 2000

Nice quality FM broadcast.
The Beard are promoting the 'V' album here which is my favourite.
Neal Morse is great but his religious fanaticism does my head in.
It was still being kept in check at this point,
presumably by the rest of the band.
After this they embarked on the disaterous (IMO) 'Snow'.
A sprawling Jesus-meets-Rael opus.
That heralded Neal's departure from the fold
leaving him free to write 30 minute god-squad prog epics
which I keep at a safe barge-pole's distance.
This version has the radio chat removed.
The Great Nothing is cut after 17 minutes.
Not sure if I ever had an uncut version
but if I did I can't find it.
regards
Titus

01 intro (At the End of the Day)
02 The Good Don't Last
03 Thoughts (part 1)
04 At the End of the Day
05 Skin
06 The Distance to the Sun
07 The Healing Colors of Sound
08 Thoughts (part 2)
09 Ryo Okumoto solo
10 The Great Nothing (cut)

No comments:

Post a Comment