Wednesday 11 August 2021














































Frank Zappa
Chorus (French TV) DVD
Palais des Sports
Paris, France
June 11th 1980 (early show)














































To wash away the bitter taste of my previous post
here's some proper stuff.
regards
Titus


oh...and as a bonus how about Frank's first TV appearance?
On the Steve Allen show.
I have a few versions of this. I think this the best quality one.
(they're all the bloody same...Ed.)
You can get that here

7 comments:

  1. nice one luxor, thank you.
    i got to see zappa later that year - only time - with steve vai and vinny colaiuta in the fold.
    and the steve allen footage is great.
    played in a band decades ago with a guitarist who played a contact mic'ed desk lamp...but bikes are best ;0]

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really good. Can't beat a desk lamp solo. I decided long ago that music is merely time. If a track is 5 minutes long it's just about 'how' you get from start to finish. It isn't about beat/tempo as there are many examples where that is actively avoided. Zappa's Aproximate is sort-of an example. Music is not about sound either, as the gaps (silence) in, let's say, the riff to AC/DC's Highway to Hell are just as cool as the chords.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe Frank Zappa is on the Taliban's 'No Fucking Way' list. But I could be wrong

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ! I used to watch this TV show as a teenager.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it seems good, I have a few shows from the Chorus archives

      Delete
  5. Me too, found on guitars101 ! Don't bother to search in your archives, unless you want to please other people!
    Thanks !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ray. My physical DVD collection is not catalogued or in any order. The stuff on the shelves is often as much of a surprise to me as anyone. I just post things that catch my eye.

      Delete