Wednesday 27 October 2021

































Blue Öyster Cult
Civic Center
Hartford, CT
August 10th 1980

This is a well known KBFH broadcast.
An excellent sounding recording.
I fixed a couple of volume issues. then I removed all the radio chit-chat
and redid the transitions between tracks where neccessary.
It had been scheduled for the 9th but was moved to the 10th.
Here are tickets showing both days:






























Pity we don't have the whole gig in this quality.
It's from the Black & Blue tour with Black Sabbath.
The Sabs' set is available over on Soundabord I think.
Headline status alternated and BÖC topped the bill in Hartford.
Skakin' Street also played so it would have been a great night out.
I saw Sabbath a few months before this with Shakin' Street but no BÖC :(































I hated Sabbath with Dio,
Shakin' Street were brilliant.
regards
Titus

01 Dr.Music
02 Lips In The Hills
03 Unknown Tongue
04 The Marshall Plan
05 Divine Wind
06 Born To Be Wild
07 encore break
08 Roadhouse Blues

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for this upgrade ! I had the chance to see them in 1989 (Imaginos Tour) in Bordeaux : my first ever rock concert (available on guitars101)(but I knew BÖC since 1980, my brother bought then Cultösaurus Erectus)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the Imaginos tour sounded vey strange. bootlegs of the tour all have that sound too, I think they were trying to recreate the harsh brittle sound on the album. 89 seems late for a first gig. I'm guessing you are a young man Ray :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I'm young, only 56...
    I don't know exactly why I wasn't a concertgoer in my young days. I agree with you about the sound of the Imaginos album, it isn't crystal clear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So you were 24 when you first went to a concert? I had just turned 14 for my first one. It was OK at metal gigs but I got a lot of strange looks from the students/intellectuals at things like Van der Graaf Generator (who I saw in 1977) "who's that kid?!" I also like to point out I was on the front row and was the only one with a bloody girlfiend (who was the only female in there)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks for your input Ray...much appreciated

      Delete