Sunday 22 January 2023

































R.L. Burnside
Double Door
Chicago, Illinois
March 20th 1999

A reworked recording of a WXRT-FM broadcast.
Excellent gritty blues which sounds very fresh.
More of a 'rock' feel than a 'trad. blues' approach
incorporating, what sounds like, a random number of bars.
(I'm sure they know what they are doing...right?)
With RL's grandson. Cedric, on the drums
and "adopted son" Kenny Brown on guitar.
regards
Titus

01 intro/Black Mattie
02 Shake 'em on Down
03 Long Haired Doney
04 Skinny Woman
05 Boogie
06 Bad Luck and Trouble
07 Poor Boy
08 Goin' Down South
09 Alice Mae
10 Short Haired Woman
11 Dust My Broom (cut)
12 Snake Drive
13 Ride My Baby/outro

2 comments:

  1. Thanks a bunch, Titus! R.L. Burnside is one of my favourite bluesmen, alongside with Howlin´ Wolf one of the few that kept a distinctively own style imho. Real good work made on cleaning up the recording too, not many radio broadcasts of his to be found on the web.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, this has pretty good sound quality. I was pleasantly surprised when I first checked it out

      Delete