Wednesday 19 April 2023

































Paul McCartney
Knebworth Park
Stevenage
June 30th 1990

"retarded kids"
Eat your heart out Wokies :)
Were Girlschool anti-trans?
(Hey, no politics...Ed,)
Here's Paul's set from Kneb 90.
Multiple sources to my ears and a bitch to remaster.
Legend has it that the McCartney/Floyd camps
had been in dispute as to who should headline.
Even once it was finalised, legend has it,
the respective managers were seen backstage 'discussing' the matter.
I was surprised to see Paul's set is only 45 minutes. (pique?)
Legend has it Dave Gilmour told the promoters:
"I don't care who headlines, just give me an hour of darkness"
Which in Gilmour speak translates to:
"We're fucking headlining"
I'm looking forward to working on the Pink Floyd set.
Not 100% sure how Paul McCartney would 'want' to sound
(out of my comfort zone)
but I hope I'm fairly clued-up on how Gilmour's guitar should sound!
(They'd be fools to trust you...
...Retarded Kids?...their first album is a punk classic...Ed.)
Titus

01 intro (Cathy McGowan & Timothy Dalton)
02 Coming Up
03 Back in the USSR
04 I Saw Her Standing There
05 We Got Married
06 Birthday
07 Let It Be
08 Live and Let Die
09 If I Were Upon the Stage
10 Hey Jude
11 Strawberry Fields Forever
12 Help!
13 Give Peace a Chance
14 Yesterday
15 Can't Buy Me Love
16 Bob Harris interview with Paul McCartney
17 Simon Bates interview with Lord Cobbold
18 Bob Harris interview with Jim Capaldi
19 Simon Bates interview with Sgt Timble
20 Simon Bates interview with George Martin
21 Richard Skinner interview with Tommy Vance
22 Bob Harris interview with Dave Gilmour
23 Simon Bates interview with Dave Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment