Saturday 20 May 2023

































Beat Club
Episode 36
October 12th 1968

Moving into series 4 of this classic German pop show
we find, to our horror, that Dave Lee Travis is still co-hosting.
At least Uschi has returned to her old hairstyle.
There are more of those random segments
during which I'm not always sure what is going on
as I don't speak the language.
What's the deal with the big flywheel thing?
regards
Titus

Vanity Fare - I Live for the Sun
The Casuals - Jesamine
The Merseys - Lovely Loretta
Love Affair - A Day without Love
Grapefruit - C'mon Marianne
Harry Nilsson - Everybody's Talkin'
Dave Dee Dozy Beaky Mick And Tich - Last Night in Soko
The Who - Magic Bus
Sandie Shaw - Those Were the Days
The Easybeats - Hello How Are You?
The Troggs - Hip Hip Hooray

2 comments:

  1. Hi Titus, in my teenage days I hardly ever missed one of the Beat Club shows on Saturday afternoon. This edition is one of the best. The flywheel was part of an huge art project in Kassel, Germany called Geldmacher (Money Maker). It was created by an Swiss artist called Francisco Mariotti. Thanks for uploading. Regards, rob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rob, I sometimes get my wife to translate but she hasn't seen this one

      Delete