Sunday 21 May 2023

































Blue Öyster Cult
Some Reinvented Evening

Maybe this will interest some of you.
It's just the recordings from the expanded edition
of Some Enchanted Evening in a more plausible order.
We start in Atlanta and wind up in Detroit,
because Eric says so, but I've never been convinced
by the dates/locations one sees quoted for some of the tracks.
I used this show as a template:

City Hall
Newcastle
England
April 30th 1978

01 R. U. Ready 2 Rock
02 ETI
03 Harvester Of Eyes
04 Gotta get outta this Place
05 Cities On Flame
06 Astronomy
07 Me262
08 Kick Out The Jams
09 Godzilla
10 Summer of Love
11 5 Guitar Medley (Mark II)
12 Born to be Wild
13 (Don't Fear) The Reaper
14 Hot Rails To Hell

I'll wager the Geordie heads were suitably banged that night.
(Struck me how much Eric Bloom dominated the vocals at this time)
As you can see we are only missing Cities on Flame
and Albert's drum solo during Godzilla.
(which you think they would have bloody restored!).
I faked the seamlessness of a real show as best I could.
Golden Age of Leather was played on the bonus DVD
and I considered weaving it into the mix
but the sound quality on the DVD is poor so I dropped that idea.
Oh for the days when Buck wore a suit
and looked like he shouldn't be hanging around with those four greasers.
regards
Titus

01 R. U. Ready 2 Rock
02 E.T.I.
03 Harvester of Eyes
04 We Gotta Get Out of This Place
05 Astronomy
06 ME262
07 Kick Out The Jams
08 Godzilla
09 This Ain't the Summer of Love
10 bass solo/5 Guitar Medley (Mark II)
11 Born to be Wild
12 (Don't Fear) The Reaper
13 Hot Rails To Hell

6 comments:

  1. Nice reworking of the original setlist and quite interesting versus the DVD version. A shame all this is not issued officially in the correct order. Lazy guys over there. Same goes for, of course, your SAHB live reworking which still ranks amongst my favourite CDs. Will program my cd reader to play the BOC in the correct order sooner or later. Thanks for this invitation !
    Greetings from Paris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I faked the transitions between songs so programming the official version in this order would not be the same. Interestingly, like many live albums, they had already faked it to some degree.
      The first two songs are as played/as on the album. You hear the crowd between the songs. However R U Ready and E.T.I are from different shows. Keep it quiet Derek, but I'm 60 today and feeling it LOL

      Delete
    2. Yes the announcements don't work of course. Silly. But a very strong album indeed with the additional songs. Still I continue to prefer Extraterrestrial Live because of Joan Crawford and Veterans of the Psychic Wars. Two of my favourites.

      I was sixty last year, and was happy to have succeeded to get as far. Looking out from now on to arrive safely from the sixties to the seventies. Looks like a good travel through time. All the best Titus !

      Delete
    3. 60 doesn't seem old once you're 60 :)

      Delete
  2. Nice idea, I'll take it :)
    It's third on my BOC live albums list, after ETL and On Your Feet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A chance for you to reappraise it. Better than E.T.L. in my opinion

      Delete