Thursday 8 June 2023

































Groundhogs
Live 1972

Sad news re the passing of Anthony Charles McPhee
better known as Tony (TS) McPhee.
I only saw The Groundhogs once.
A working mens club in the north-west.
Must be over 30 years ago.
Tony didn't play like anyone else (meant as a compliment).
Despite the inauspicious surroundings
I knew I was in the presence of a legend.























Here's an FM or SBD sourced recording of Tony and the Groundhogs.
I fixed a drop out in the first song, re-tracked the transitions
and normalised each channel individually.
It may be a mix of BBC/something else...I'm not sure.
Some say it's from Liberty Hall, Houston but others disagree
and the crowd doesn't sound Texan to my ears
so I'm just sticking with 'Live 1972' for this one.
Goodbye Tony.
regards
Titus

01_Mistreated
02_Split
03_Cherry Red
04_Groundhog
05_Still A Fool

No comments:

Post a Comment