Wednesday 14 June 2023


































Intaferon
Get out of London (1983)
(Titus mix)

First came across this when they showed the video on TV-am
with Anne Diamond and Nick Owen shuffling uncomfortably on the sofa.
I loved it immediately and rushed out...
(well...shuffled into town) and bought the 12" single.
The B-side was a mash-up of the song.
An early example of cut & paste sampling.
This is my remaster/re-mix of the whole thing.
Great lyrics..."keys on the T.V."
is actually a reference to Richard Keys.
(if any of you remember him?)
...correction: the lyric is actually "Kee's on the TV"
and is a reference to Robert Kee.
Thanks to Mr LOOG-OLDHAM for prompting me to reconsider this.
regards
Titus

5 comments:

  1. Mr LOOG-OLDHAM15 June 2023 at 10:30

    Not trying to argue with you Titus, but this single came out in Spring 1983 and Richard Keys was still on Piccadilly Radio in Manchester at that time. He didn't debut on TV until the following year. I would suggest that the line "keys on the tv" means exactly that - the house keys are where they were left the night before, on top of the tv set (remember how boxy tv's were?)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the lyrics were on the sleeve. keys was mid sentence but had a capital K. although I accept it is borderline with his radio era

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also had a niggling feeling that it was spelt Keyes. was there another TV guy at the time?

    ReplyDelete
  4. think I have sussed it. I t was "Kee's on the TV."..as in Robert Kee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes perfect sense!

      Delete