Friday 12 January 2024

































Vintage Café (compilation)

Many years ago at a restaurant in Stratford-upon-Avon
the, barely audible, background music caught my ear.
I asked the waiter what it was.
The waiter asked his boss...Vintage Café.
I tracked down half a dozen of these CDs
(don't know how many they made)
Even for my sympathetic ears that was far too much
so I whittled it down to a hour's worth of my favourites.
This kind of 'elevator muzak' gets overlooked.
Some would say deservedly so. :)
Put this on and treat your partner to a romantic dinner.
I recommend Kershaw's frozen chips, beans & sausages.
Maybe a bottle of wine...and some laudanum.
regards
Titus

01 The Moleskins - Money (Pink Floyd)
02 Cassandra Beck - Jump (Van Halen)
03 Jazzistics feat. Lona - Every Little Thing She Does is Magic (Police)
04 The Cooltrane Quartet - Smoke on the Water (Deep Purple)
05 Krister & Dalbani - Since I've Been Loving You (Led Zeppelin)
06 Lazy - Another Brick in the Wall pt 2 (Pink Floyd)
07 Bellestar - Paranoid (Black Sabbath)
08 The Moleskins - Message in a Bottle (Police)
09 48th St. Collective - Breakfast in America (Supertramp)
10 Style Project - Don't Look Back in Anger (Oasis)
11 Stella Starlight Trio - Time (Pink Floyd)
12 Renauld feat. Karen Souza - Wake Up and Make Love to Me (Blockheads)
13 Anakelly - Show Me the Way (Peter Frampton)
14 The Bryan J. White Quartet - Stairway to Heaven (Led Zeppelin)

3 comments:

  1. I'm downloading this, eyes shut and fully confident. Love those compilations (jazzy style or Ibiza house style) where most famous songs are played for easy listening background music. I think you'll make me listen to some James Last music this Sunday.
    Thanks for the advice to go back to some easy music.
    Greetings from Paris,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific. Love it. It's really well done. Highly recommended. Downloaded and burnt to CD. Only negative is Mrs. Derek passing by and saying with a mimic : What's that shit ? It's a hard life sometimes to live with somebody who hate jazzy style. Nevertheless, I will play it each time someone comes in for a lunch, a dinner or a drink.
    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Put it on quiet so Mrs. Derek doesn't notice until it's too late!

      Delete