Sunday 18 February 2024


































10,000 Maniacs
Halloween live at Disney Institute
Orlando, FL 1998

Can't find a lot of info about this recording.
It seems to have had some grey-area limited release
but the actual gig is hard to pin down.
They were in Manchester UK on Halloween 98 I've read.
They mention B 52s as the headline band
but again this is hard to pin down.
There are refs to B 52s playing an unknown venue in Orlando
on November 6th...not quite Halloween if that was the case
and Maniacs were still in the UK.
Good sound though with Mary Ramsey on vocals.
Natalie Merchant having left the band in 1993.
I actually prefer Mary as she doesn't have a lisp
and is a great violaist...violaette...whatever.
My fav song is 'Gun Shy' so they don't do that one obs.
Oh yeah...it's mp3.
regards
Titus

01 Even with My Eyes Closed
02 Big Star
03 What's the Matter Here?
04 More than This
05 Shining Light
06 Candy Everybody Wants
07 Stockton Gala Days
08 These are Days
09 Because the Night
10 Rainy Day
11 Hey Jack Kerouac

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. First time I will listen to Mary Ramsey. Have to check it out, it's mp3 but has good sound. My ears will tell me.
    Greetings from Paris,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw, I have the 1993 concert in LA and they play Gun Shy. It's only 160 kbps but sounds very nice to me. Interested ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have quite a few thanks Derek. There's an old compilation with 'best' live versions of the songs. Several CDs worth but I've never really checked it all out

      Delete
  3. here is the info file Derek https://workupload.com/file/q8qBAbspw33

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like their song Because the night. Seems like I heard it already before, isn't it ????!!!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete