Tuesday 19 March 2024

































Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel
Hammersmith Odeon
April 14th 1975

My remastered version of this well known show.
As well as the hits there is ample room for the band,
which includes Snowy White and Duncan Mackay,
to stretch-out and show their chops.
Steve passed away on Sunday aged 73.
regards
Titus

Disc 1
01 The Mad, Mad Moonlight
02 Hideaway
03 Panorama
04 Sweet Dreams
05 Sebastian
06 Mr. Raffles (Man It Was Mean)
07 Back to the Farm

Disc 2
01 49th Parallel
02 Death Trip
03 Judy Teen
04 Mr. Soft
05 The Best Years of Our Lives
06 Make Me Smile (Come Up and See Me)
07 Tumbling Down

9 comments:

  1. Appreciated. Thanks. Rest in peace. He truly was a musical companion of life to my journey through life.
    It's a sad day. My world is disappearing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks Titus for sharing this great recording of the great man.....I was at one of the 3 nights at The Hammersmith Odeon back in 1975, I still have my programme but can't find the ticket stub to find out which night I went.........Love & Peace Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would have loved to be there too or some years ago when he performed Human Menagerie and Psychomod at the Royal Albert Hall. But it wasn't possible. Still I was lucky to see him twice in Belgium and to hearing him live singing Sebastian remains one of my musical highlights ever.
      Greetings from Paris,

      Delete
    2. Agree, Sebastian is one of his best songs along with back to the farm.

      Delete
    3. And what about Death Trip ? How need you to be under influence to write such a song.
      What is funny about that Hammersmith 75 is that there is no violin at all. It's strange to hear some of the songs of the setlist without a single violin note. First two CR albums were without guitar.
      Anyhow, thanks again to Titus for offering this mostly excellent concert to the internet world !
      With greetings from Paris.

      PS @Titus : Just tell me if we should stop chatting with Stu about this Cockney Rebel concert. Enough is enough maybe. :)

      Delete
    4. Gosh no, feel free. I like Steve/CR but you and others are probably bigger fans

      Delete
  3. Come Up and See Me (Make Me Smile) is a good one...OK, I'll get my coat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed you made me smile this early morning :)

      Delete