Sunday 28 April 2024

































Elvis Presley
The Louisiana Hayride Shows

In 1969 BBC2 ran all of the Elvis fims.
The six year old Titus was hooked.
There was a 'new' 40 greatest hits double album.
I pestered my parents to buy it.
I learned every song and would perform them for my aunties
using the vacuum cleaner as a mic stand.
By 1970 I refused to perform anymore
and had moved on to more cutting-edge stuff.
I requested my first single.
It was Knock Three Times by Tony Orlando and Dawn.
Still loved Elvis though and I remember being glued
to Top of the Pops when Burning Love came out in 72.
Here's where it all started for Elvis and, subsequently, for me.





























Sound quality varies, as you can appreciate, given the vintage.
regards
Titus

No comments:

Post a Comment