Wednesday 29 May 2024

































Bram Tchaikovsky
Whisky a Go Go
West Hollywood, California
September 29th 1979

Remastered FM broadcast.
There was a cut (tape flip) in the middle of Robber
which I couldn't resolve in any meaningful way
so I just spliced it together as best I could...maybe you won't notice!
Spirited indie-guitar-rock from, ex-Motors man, Peter Bramall
(a.k.a. Bram Tchaikovsky) & his excellent band.
Reminiscent of an energy-driven XTC gig.
regards
Titus.

01 Strange Man, Changed Man/Lonely Dancer
02 Bloodline
03 drum solo/Whiskey & Wine
04 Lady from the USA
05 Sarah Smiles
06 Girl of My Dreams
07 Robber
08 Nobody Knows
09 I'm a Believer
10 Rock & Roll Cabaret
11 Goodnight Ladies (The Lullaby of Broadway)
12 Little White Pills
13 Turn on the Light
14 encore break/Dizzy Miss Lizzy/Johnny B. Goode

2 comments:

  1. Great one indeed. Saw them back in 1979 at the Jazz Bilzen Festival in Belgium along with Cure, Pretenders, Police and AC DC. Their straight ahead sound impressed me and since then, I'm a fan and play the first LP quiteregularly. Always loved their single Sarah Smiles.
    Need to download this concert because of the artwork and the fix in Robber.
    Thanx and greetings from Rainy Paris,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't pay him enough attention at the time. This gig is excellent

      Delete