Sunday 26 May 2024

































Johnny Cash
Wembley Stadium
London, UK
March 31st 1986

My remaster of the audio from this well known TV special.
With June Carter and the Carter family along for the ride.
Love JC (Cash not Christ)
but I'm slightly uncomfortable when he goes gospel.
Great gig nonetheless and his religious roots were part of who he was.
This version of Kris Kristofferson's Here Comes that Rainbow Again
reduces me to floods of tears for some reason.
What's it to you?
...and I was once married to an Okie girl.
regards
Titus

Disc 1
01 intro (band medley)
02 Ring of Fire
03 Folsom Prison Blues
04 Sunday Morning Coming Down
05 Any Old Wind that Blows
06 These Hands
07 Here Comes that Rainbow Again
08 Love is the Way
09 The Highwayman
10 Big River
11 I Guess Things Happen that Way
12 band intros/Fairweather Friends
13 piano solo
14 One Piece at a Time
15 Forty Shades of Green
16 Ghost Riders in the Sky

Disc 2
01 If I Were a Carpenter
02 Jackson
03 Wabash Cannonball
04 San Antonio Rose
05 Elbow Room
06 I'll Be All Smiles Tonight
07 Foggy Mountain Top
08 Will the Circle be Unbroken?
09 Wildwood Flower Jam/Wreck of the Old '97
10 A Thing Called Love
11 The Ballad of Ira Hayes
12 Were You there When they Crucified My Lord?
13 Daddy Sang Bass
14 band outro
15 Casey Jones
16 Orange Blossom Special
17 I Walk the Line

2 comments:

  1. This version of Here Comes that Rainbow Again reduces me to floods of tears for some reason. Agree, same weather conditions happened here in my eyes. And must admit I never listened to the lyrics before. Shame on me.
    I was stuck on CD two starting with If I were a carpenter and Jackson.
    Still, the Glastonbury concert CD and video remains my JC highlight ever just for the eyes of disbelief when JC sees the crowd of youngsters greetings to his songs at the Glastonbury venue.
    Greetings from Paris;

    ReplyDelete