Saturday 1 June 2024

































Stalk-Forrest Group
Conry's Bar
New York
1970/1971

Despite zero reponse to my earlier sample...(well there wasn't when I wrote this)
Here are my remasters of recordings from the legendary Conry's Bar.
There were actually two bars, East and West, so the sources could be from either
as this early version of Blue Öyster Cult played both but mainly West.
Amazingly, Fat Rabbit crop up again as part of the story.
This advert is from April 1971:

































At this point they were mixing original material with covers.
There is little audience response except after the last track.
I think someone has added that bit in as it sounds like an arena crowd.
Sound quality is not very good despite my best efforts.
It's really just for hard core fans I suppose
or for anyone who collects Rolling Stones covers.














regards
Titus

Disc 1
01 Under My Thumb
02 (Then Came) The Last Days of May
03 Sun Comes Up
04 Stairway to the Stars
05 Memphis Slim Jam
06 Lucille Jam
07 Jumpin' Jack Flash
08 I've Got a Feeling
09 I'm on the Lamb but I ain't No Sheep
10 Honky Tonk Women

Disc 2
01 Highway Song
02 Getting Better/And Your Bird Can Sing
03 Everybody's Got Something to Hide
04 Bad Boy
05 All Right Now
06 A Fact About Sneakers
07 Make Me Feel
08 Bark in the Sun
09 Siren Sing Along
10 All Along the Watchtower

3 comments:

  1. OT... the bar scenes in the movie Eddie & the Cruisers were shot at Tony Marts(useless Jersey knowledge)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly what I want. far from useless to me. pity you are anonymous

      Delete