Tuesday 9 July 2024

































Blue Öyster Cult
The Palladium
New York, NY
February 16th 1979

Extensively remastered soundboard.
I have previously posted an FM broadcast from this Indochinese refugee benefit concert.
That one had Todd Rundgren and Utopia plus two songs from BÖC.
Here is the complete Blue Öyster Cult set.
I don't know if it was ever aired.
Albert is huge in this mix, check out that kick drum.
Eric loses the plot on the second verse of 'Harvester'
and ad_libs his way to the 'took a ride' bridge.
Shouldn't have had that last bowl!
Really good 'Born to be Wild'.
I like the arrangement during the 'crossing gutars' section.
Buck always hits the E string as the guitars part company.
It's his attempt to keep it 'musical'.
Looks great but can sound a bit chaotic over the usual Lanier/Bouchard bros. riffing.
A more laid-back keyboard background is used here.
OK, I'm being a bit nerdy.
Just keepin' the Kronos flyin'.
regards
Titus

01 Stairway to the Stars
02 E.T.I.
03 Harvester of Eyes
04 Dr. Music
05 Hot Rails to Hell
06 (Don't Fear) The Reaper
07 Godzilla
08 Born to Be Wild
09 Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll

3 comments:

  1. Some may see it as 'nerdy' but for me your detailed comments are a plus to this post.
    Excellent sounding this one although I'm convinced it probably comes from a radio recording as you get no sound after the 15000Hz barrier, typical of an FM transmission.
    Have fun in Poland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers. I've been through the Czech Republic and am in Vienna now

      Delete
    2. Nice, those are on my wishlist of places to visit. In a month I'll be in Benelux (except for the Netherlands).
      Cheers

      Delete