Sunday 25 August 2024

































Klaatu
Hope 1977

One of the greatest albums ever recorded.
My slightly remastered copy.
With the London Symphony Orchestra no less!
...and the only thing you have to bring is sitting there in your head.
John Woloschuk is an amazing composer/singer.
Makes Paul McCartney sound like Lemmy.
Imagine the Beatles at their best, add Dee Long's Brian May-esque guitar
and turn it into a concept album.
Woloshuk understood how we are fucking the planet up before it became trendy.
All Klaatu albums have an environmemtalist aspect.
If you're not convinced by the time you get to Prelude then I guess it's not for you.
It's a top 100 (maybe top 50) album for me
...and I have a top 2000.
I could enthuse more.
(you've enthused enough...Ed.)

regards
Titus

01 We're Off You Know (John Woloschuk)
02 Madman (Dee Long)
03 Around The Universe In Eighty Days (Dee Long)
04 Long Live Politzania (John Woloschuk)
05 The Loneliest Of Creatures/Prelude (John Woloschuk)
06 So Said The Lighthouse Keeper (John Woloschuk)
07 Hope (John Woloschuk)

6 comments:

  1. Thanks Titus for the Klaatu share a band that has not garnered the support it justifies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most under-rated band ever I would say. If the Carpenters not covered Calling Occupants I doubt they would have made Hope (their 2nd album)

      Delete
  2. Thanks. Looks indeed very interesting and never heard of that band.
    Shame on me,
    Greetings from Paris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Titus for this. I have this record in the basement and I loved it immediately, especially side 2. I had bought the first one, after hearing rumours that this might be The Beatles in disguise. And when Hope appeared I bought it immediately. I heard Occupants from gthe Carpenters only later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Playing non-stop in my car. My wife told me she likes that band called flac... It's the message that appears on the screen when this album is played. This band really wants to remain anonymous... even in my car.

    ReplyDelete