Saturday 3 August 2024

































Venus and the Razorblades
Songs from the Sunshine Jungle (1976)

My reworking of this classic album.
Kim Fowley's proto-bubble-gum-punk-pop
with the ledendary (he wishes) Steven T. and a 14 year old Dyan Diamond.
'Venus and the Razorblades' was Fowley's suggestion as a name for The Runaways
but they rejected it because they were in diuspute as to who would be 'Venus'.
regards
Titus

01 Finer Things in Life
02 Big City
03 All Right You Guys
04 Midnight
05 Punk-A-Rama
06 Workin' Girl
07 I Wanna Be Where the Boys Are
08 Dog Food
09 Wrong Kond of Guy
10 Victim of My Back Street Love
bonus tracks
11 I'm Brutal
12 Press conference with Rodney Bingenheimer

3 comments:

  1. Will be a nice companion to the previously posted Dyan Diamond. Will check it out when driving around at respectable speed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you moving into being an Uber driver? You're always on the road these days!

      Delete
    2. 40 years commuted by metro line to Paris, I'm fed up and want to drive my old jaguar on the roads to nowhere. Just for fun.

      Delete