Monday 21 October 2024

































Captain Beefheart
Performance Center
Cambridge, MA.
May 3rd 1974

Remastered audience recording.
Purists consider this era something of a sell-out but I like all the Beefheart albums
and he didn't exactly turn into Lionel Richie FFS.
This is a new remaster from my old CDs.
There is a bonus post-gig interview which sounds like it took place at the hotel
in the early hours of the following day.
Beefheart dismisses his connection to Frank Zappa
(He would be on tour with The Mothers the following year)
and even denies they went to school together.
regards
Titus

Disc 1
01 intro/tuning
02 Mirror Man
03 Upon the My-O-My
04 Crazy Little Thing
05 Full Moon Hot Sun
06 Sugar Bowl
07 This is the Day
08 Keep on Rubbin'
09 Sweet Georgia Brown
10 Sweet Georgia Brown (reprise)
11 Abba Zabba
12 Peaches
13 Who'll Be the Next One?

Disc 2
01 interview

2 comments:

  1. thanks titus.Unconditionally Guaranteed was one of the firstbeefheart albums i owned and it's certainly not terrible...i liked full moon hot sun, upon the my-o-my - as did my gf at the time...but it did pale in comparison to the classic pre- and post i would ...and bore no resemblance to my first exposure via SNL years earlier - which blew my young mind with its agression and dischord. that was the shit!

    mikeL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ps : this sounds excellent!
      mL

      Delete