As a kid I loved football, but now, even with England thru to the next round, I cannot summon any enthusiasm for this world cup. I hope my lack of interest propels England to the final though.
Having the competition in the US has magnified the corporate commercialisation of the game. Doesn't feel like the working man's sport anymore. Lots of celebs there (who I've mostly never heard of) and usually they are on their phones rather than watching the football. People who would love to go but cannot afford it have to watch those wankers texting
As a kid I loved football, but now, even with England thru to the next round, I cannot summon any enthusiasm for this world cup. I hope my lack of interest propels England to the final though.
ReplyDeleteHaving the competition in the US has magnified the corporate commercialisation of the game. Doesn't feel like the working man's sport anymore. Lots of celebs there (who I've mostly never heard of) and usually they are on their phones rather than watching the football. People who would love to go but cannot afford it have to watch those wankers texting
Delete