Friday, 3 July 2026

































Martin Barre Band
Espaço das Américas
Sao Paulo, Brazil
March 5th 2020

Remastered audience recording.
Decent sound and an excellent gig.
Much better than Ian Anderson's version of Tull.
regards
Titus

Disc 1
01 A Song for Jeffrey
02 My Sunday Feeling
03 Back to the Family
04 For a Thousand Mothers
05 Nothing is Easy
06 To Cry You a Song
07 Hymn 43
08 Aqualung
09 War Child
10 Sealion
11 Cross Eyed Mary

Disc 2
01 Heavy Horses
02 Songs from the Wood
03 Hunting Girl
04 Thick as a Brick (excerpt)
05 Minstrel in the Gallery
06 Teacher
07 A New Day Yesterday
08 Jump Start
09 Locomotive Breath


6 comments:

  1. I haven't listened to this but have seen live Tull recently and loved it, Ian's energy contradict his age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He can't sing. Just blurts out the odd syllable. Been like that for years. Flute playing is staccato too. The dude can't breathe. Shame.

      Delete
  2. I fully agree with you, Titus. I saw Tull last year, and Ians voice is completely gone. He cannot sing any more. I am very glad that I will be able to listen tot Martin Barre's Jethro Tull.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yup, ian sounded pretty bad when i saw tull in 99 but at least martin was still on board. looking to finally see martin&band in april. his setlists are great - and he doesn't play the dreadfully boring budapest!
    mL

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always disheartening to see artists losing their ability to perform - especially vocalists. One of our best vocalists 'John Farnham' was struck down with throat cancer some years ago and although the surgery saved his life, he is unable to return to performing. It must be so devastating and frustrating for them.
    Thanks for sharing this one Titus. AR2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's tough on singers. Their voices change. Guitarists tend to get better in many cases, though I know that's debatable:)

      Delete