Tuesday, 4 August 2026

























Status Quo – Doing Their Thing (1970)
Granada TV Studios
Manchester, UK
July 31st 1970

Classic footage of the early Quo.


























24 minutes of heads down/no nonsense boogie.
regards
Titus

Roadhouse Blues
Down the Dustpipe
Spinning Wheel Blues
Is it Really Me?/Gotta Go Home

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, it was Status Quo that I loved—not that boogie shit. I was 12 when I heard "Is It Really Me / I Gotta Go Home" on a mixtape. Unfortunately, the tape wasn't labeled, so it took a while for me to find out what band it was. No internet back then. Thanks for the clip. Cheers, Viking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL "heads down/no nonsense boogie" is my description of Quo rather than a contrast

      Delete
  2. Finally saw them 40 years later in 2009 when they toured Australia with Deep Purple. What a great double show that was! 'Hello' was my favourite album but still liked their earlier material (ie Ma Kelly's Greasy Spoon/Piledriver) and of course 'Down The Dustpipe'. Thanks for sharing this archive Titus. Cheers AR2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only saw them once as far as I recall. That was in 1982 when they headlined the Donington festival.

      Delete