Thursday 15 August 2024


































Steeleye Span
The Bottom Line, NY
October 31st 1976

Reposted from January 2021

My remaster of this great recording.
I love the version of Orfeo on here.
Much better than the studio cut.
Date is not certain but I read they played at least three nights at The Bottom Line.
DJ says it was Halloween which was the last night I believe.
So I've gone with that.
DJ also thinks they are Irish so he's not the most reliable source
...but he's all I have! LOL
regards
Titus

01 DJ/intro
02 Royal Forester
03 Orfeo/Nathan's Reel
04 Gaudete
05 London
06 The Brown Girl
07 A Song for Germany
08 The Wife of Usher's Well
09 All Around My Hat
10 Cam Ye O'er Frae France?
11 The Black Joke/Sligo Maid
12 Hard Times of Old England
13 The Bosnian Hornpipes
14 The Mason's Apron

4 comments:

  1. Hi Titus,
    could you please re-up this Steeleye Span at the Bottom Line 1976? Your version is surely better than mine, and it is the only live version with decent choruses on The Wife of Usher's Well in comparison to those at the Rainbow in London and Berklee Boston.
    Kind regards, Johan
    Reply

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're quicker than me Johan! Hope it's an upgrade for you. Source files were not as good as the Rimini show.

      Delete
  2. Thoroughly enjoyed this remaster, best version ive heard of, "Hard times of old England" thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny how we all seem to have different favourites from the Steeleye Span repertoire

      Delete