Thursday 22 April 2021


































Pat Travers Band
Warfield Theatre
San Francisco, CA
May 25th 1980

This one has been on Soundaboard before
but it's been in my listen-to pile for ages
so I thought I'd repost it anyway.
And hey...recorded on my 17th birthday!
I loved Hammerhead at the time but listening to it now
I think Pat's attempts to go 'metal' were misguided.
He was more than that.
I saw PTB on this tour and have , hopefully,
an interesting story which includes that gig.
Might tell it some time. (shit...Ed.)
This is a savage recording and that's coming from someone
who is no stranger to pushing levels into the red.
Oh shit...maybe it IS my remaster!?
Just a CD off the shelf which I remember nothing about.
I had to turn it down a bit.
If Frau Luxor had been at home she would have sashayed into the room,
Weißbier in one hand, cigarette in the other, uttering "mein Gott".
(picture Marlene Dietrich and you won't be far out)
regards
Titus

01 Hooked on Music
02 Gettin' Better
03 Your Love Can't Be Right
04 Life in London
05 Stevie
06 Born Under a Bad Sign
07 Boom Boom (Out Go the Lights)
08 band intros
09 Crash and Burn
10 The Big Event
11 Snortin' Whiskey
12 Hammerhead
13 Statesboro' Blues

No comments:

Post a Comment