Tuesday 5 July 2022

































Alice Cooper
The Forum
Inglewood CA
June 18th 1975

This is a well known KBFH broadcast.
It's awful. If anyone has a better version I'd love to hear it.
The radio guys used too much compression and included far too much crowd noise.
Sounds like the place is full of screaming girls.
It was also so 'sharp' it was like listening to fingernails scraping on a blackboard.
Anyhow, this is my reworked version.
All DJ chat/adverts have been eradicated.
Tons of work gone into this for very little reward
but I love old Alice stuff so I had to try.
On the plus side it's a full show from the WTMN tour
and this band has Dick Wagner and Steve Hunter.
The greatest twin guitar combo ever IMO.
'Goes To Hell' is my favourite Hunter/Wagner recording.
It has so many different styles of playing
and was the first album that made me jump around the room with a tennis racket.
(a T-square was in reserve in case the racket went out of tune)
Check out the guitar destruction on 'Black Widow'.
When the Vincent Price monologue kicks in
they get a chance to tune-up or change guitars
so it's designed to let them go crazy.
BTW, if you haven't heard it, Lou Reed's 'Rock n Roll Animal'
is another must-have Hunter/Wagner masterclass.
regards
Titus

01 introduction
02 Welcome to My Nightmare
03 Years Ago I
04 No More Mr. Nice Guy
05 Years Ago II
06 Billion Dollar Babies
07 Years Ago III
08 I'm Eighteen
09 Years Ago IV
10 Nightmare jam
11 Some Folks
12 Cold Ethyl
13 Only Women Bleed
14 Devil's Food
15 The Black Widow
16 Steven
17 Welcome to My Nightmare (reprise)
18 Graveyard jam
19 Escape
20 School's Out
21 encore break
22 Department of Youth

7 comments:

  1. With such a setlist, this is of course a winner. I should check my versions but do not think I got remastered better sounding versions. I guess we should call Mr. Fournier to edit an official version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vincent (Furnier) was famously wasted after this tour. Doubt he remembers much.

      Delete
  2. The intro to Sweet Jane on R'n'R Animal is just fabulous. The other part of the concert was released on the album 'Live' (1975).
    Back to Alice, I have a copy that sounds better but they really put too much crowd in the mix.
    There's a link on G101:
    https://mega.nz/folder/5NV0mAjI#VcS31Q40-QTQ_oGQXO31sA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not over the moon with either of them :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I checked my 3 versions which are soundwise quite identical to my ears. My preference goes to the semi-official Transmission Live box 71 minutes version that was available on Amzon for a while..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm fed up with it. New Cooper coming shortly (to blow away the cobwebs :)

      Delete