Wednesday 17 August 2022

































Neuschwanstein
Alice in Wonderland 1976

This is a self produced demo which remained largely unknown for over 30 years.
It is prog rather than krautrock (if you get my drift).
These Germans had classical education
and it shows in the quality of their playing/arrangements.
I did some noise reduction, not something I am keen on
but I think it was worthwhile in this case.
Production is OK but they overdo the stereo mix.
I'm being fussy...it's great! :)
Rick Wakeman was apparently a big influence but there are elements
that remind me of Genesis, Camel, Pink Floyd and Jethro Tull etc.
with maybe a pinch of Samlas-style humour.
Only one track has vocals although there is also narration.
Proggy narration can go either way.
At it's worst it gets really corny/cheesy.
As this is all in German I couldn't comment which may well be a blessing.
Any German speakers who could give me an opinion?
Fluent German speakers who can detect nuance.
Not you Brits with a grade D O-Level. (ouch!)
regards
Titus

01 White Rabbit
02 Gate to Wonderland
03 Pond of Tears
04 Old Father's Song
05 Five-O'Clock Tea
06 Palace of Wonderland
07 The Court of the Animals
08 Alice's Return

No comments:

Post a Comment