Saturday 20 August 2022

































Blue Öyster Cult
Tommy Knockers
Farmingdale, Long Island NY
February 15th 1997

Another great and complete BÖC show.
This remastered version of an audience capture
is making it's world debut right here on TLD.
Grab it now while it's still warm.
This actually has some very nice elements:
Quite good mix/instrument separation and a cool vibe.
Nice to hear 'Live for Me' played.
The crowd are boisterous but largely drowned out.
The wonderful John Miceli is on the drums!
You will notice various sound anomalies 
if you listen through headphones
but it's very interesting if you listen that way.
Allen Lanier's guitar is unusually clear at times.
Gives the songs a different feel.
Having said that, most Cult shows have an individual sound
which is why I love this band and collect their bootlegs.
One time, in 1979, when I was there they came back for an encore.
The usual cacophony: Buck noodling away/Joe vibrating the room,
Albert playing slightly weird jazz licks and Eric goofing around.
I noticed Allen was playing the riff to 'Career of Evil'.
I smugly thought I'd sussed the encore out,
doubting those wannabe half-fans around me had worked it out.
They launched into 'O.D.d on Life Itself'.
Another reason why I love this band and why I miss Allen.
I'm into venues (I know...nerdy)
Tommy Knockers bugs me because I found sod all info about it.
No pictures of the building, just the odd gig listing.
Anyway...I hope you enjoy the recording.
regards
Titus

Disc 1
01 intro
02 Stairway to the Stars
03 Before the Kiss (A Redcap)
04 E.T.I.
05 Harvest Moon
06 Buck's Boogie
07 Shooting Shark
08 Live for Me
09 Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll

Disc 2
01 (Then Came) The Last Days of May
02 acoustic blues
03 In Thee
04 Burnin' for You
05 Godzilla
06 guitar/(Don't Fear) The Reaper
07 The Golden Age of Leather
08 The Red and The Black

No comments:

Post a Comment