Friday 9 December 2022

























Nik Turner, Keith Levene, Wilko Johnson and Christine McVie.
All died recently. I can't keep pace!
Yesterday I found out Jet Black has died too.
First time I saw The Stranglers play was on The Raven tour:



































How weird I was on row JJ :)
Update: I've figured out I first saw them in 1979:
































The lack of a year on the ticket threw me off but a quick search confirms it's 79.
Saw them several times over the years.
The 'new' line up supported Alice Cooper when I went to a show in Cardiff.
Always a great live band in any era.
Hugh Cornwell played at a festival I attended a few years ago and he was good too.
Might post something Stranglers if there's anything decent in the vaults.
No comments on my previous Stranglers posts (I checked!)
You guys don't like them do ya? Horrible people! 
regards
Titus

1 comment:

  1. ouch! first i'm hearing.
    never got to see the stranglers though heard no more heroes on a new wave compilation LP box and liked much. thrown a bit by aural sculptures (not so punk) but have done much catching up over the years. as much as there are so many bands of my pre-high school years still active (like cheap trick), many great artists are passing away. as the stranglers are (still) doing their final shows, another devastating loss.
    rest in peace, all...
    mikeL

    ReplyDelete