Saturday 29 April 2023























Frank Zappa
Great Lives (BBC Radio 4)

First of all...apologies for the 'ding' at 2 mins 11 seconds
but rest assured, dear readers, that faux pas
is just an unfortunate mishap which will not spoil your listening experience.
(he forgot he was recording...Ed.)
I drive a lot. I don't like it.
My only respite is Radio 4.
I can't listen to music because I'd swerve off the road
if Steve Howe launched into his solo on 'Turn of the Century'
just as I'm crossing a bridge over (troubled) waters.
Roger Waters!
Anyhow, I caught the end of this edition of 'Great Lives'.
I don't/won't have a BBC account.
I'd rather be up to my neck in a swamp
with rats pecking at my eyeballs.
Hey, I pay my license fee, why do they want my email?
I hacked into the site.
You can't download so I 'taped' it.
Worth a listen if you like Zappa
and I thought it might be interesting for North American visitors
as it's a particularly 'British' take on Frank's legacy.
I'll resist the temptation to add my usual 'I still miss Frank Zappa' cartoon.
In December, it will be 30 years since Frank left us.
regards
Titus

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your efforts! Love and miss Frank from Texas.

    ReplyDelete