Sunday 14 May 2023

































GaGa (Adrian Belew)
The Bluebird
Bloomington, IN
September 1980

Took this old CD off the shelf.
I never knew the exact date.
Had a look around the net and I still don't know the exact date.
I believe they played along to pre-recorded drum tracks
(which were done by Adrian)
so he's, kind of, the drummer here as well as singer/guitarist.
I recall he played drums on at least one album
during the King Crimson 'double trio' era.
Unfortunately it isn't a fantastic quality recording
although  a live radio broadcast is mentioned and may be the source.
I've never been able to do much to improve the sound
but I thought some of you might like to hear this latest transfer.
(I did some channel balancing
and smoothed out a couple of dodgy transistions between tracks
...my latest feeble attempt at an upgrade)
Could have done with a frenzied 'Big Electric Cat'
but 'twas not played or, at least, is not on the CD.
Luckily we do get 'The Momur'
which, one friend has always maintained, sounds like Hawkwind.
I've been removing unwanted ivy today.
Don't get me started on ivy..."My head used to whirl" :)
regards
Titus

01 Animal Grace
02 Stop It
03 Another Time
04 Flakes
05 Sweet Dreams
06 Boys Keep Swinging
07 Charlelle
08 Swingline
09 Fish Head
10 The Momur
11 Peas
12 Pretty Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment