Tuesday 20 February 2024

































Beat Club
Episode 50
December 31st 1969

I said this was the first episode in colour.
That was not correct!
I won't say that again until I actually see one in colour.
No rubbish on this one IMO.
Eddie Hardin and Terry Reid are legends.
Dave Dee is starting to annoy me already
and his ex-buddies get a slot on the show.
I really like their song which annoys me even more.
Steamhammer are interesting. Steve Jolliffe joined them
after being in an early incarnation of Tangerine Dream.
Steve rejoined Tangs in 1978 for the Cyclone album and subsequent tour
which I saw in Manchester.
I had a seat close to the stage which was great
but I came out with a stiff neck from twisting my head around
to look at the laser patterns they were shooting onto the ceiling.
I remember Edgar Froese playing guitar inide a circular 'cage'
whose bars were green laser beams.
regards
Titus

Steamhammer - Lousiana Blues
Eddie Hardin and Peter York - Tomorrow Today/The Pike
Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich - Tonight Today
The Chicago Transit Authority - I'm A Man
Janis Joplin - Try (Just a Little Bit Harder)
Terry Reid - Superlungs My Supergirl/Rich Kid Blues/Highway 61 Revisited


No comments:

Post a Comment