Tuesday 25 June 2024

































England Swings

Quirky compilation in mp3.
Similar vibe to the famous Nuggets/Pebbles albums.
About half way through you can be forgiven if, like me,
you find yourself thinking 'What the hell am I doing with my life?'
This would be great to play at a party.
regards
Titus

01 Bert Weedon – Fury
02 Neil Christian - The Big Beat Drum
03 Jill and the Boulevards - And Now I Cry
04 Adam Faith - Carve Up
05 Sharkey Todd and the Monsters - Cool Gool
06 Lynn Cornell - Demon Lover
07 The Southlanders - The Mole in the Hole
08 Alma Cogan - Just Couldn't Resist Her with Her Pocket Transistor
09 The Vernons Girls - You Know What I Mean
10 Suzy Cope - Juvenile Delinquent
11 Vigilantes - Man in Space
12 Tony Hatch - Out of this World
13 Joe Meek - March of the Dribcots
14 John Scott - Hi Flutin' Boogie
15 The Dudley Moore Trio - Strictly for the Birds
16 Reg Owen – Payroll
17 Johnny Dankworth - African Waltz
18 Sounds Inc – Taboo
19 Gale Warning & her Weathermen - Met Rock
20 Max Bygraves - Diabolical Twist
21 Danny Rivers - I Got
22 Billy Boyle - My Baby's Crazy 'bout Elvis
23 The Dave Clark Five – Chaquita
24 The Tornados - Jungle Fever
25 The Ted Taylor Four - Fried Onions
26 Charles Blackwell - Death Valley
27 The Goons - My September Love
28 Count Jim Moriarty - You Gotta Go Oww!

4 comments:

  1. I've been through almost of these songs but... what's that thing : the Goons - My September Love ? Was this really edited by a record company ? Did I miss something ?
    I pity my friends who as musicians never got to get a contract signed by a record company.
    Thanks for the rest of these songs. :)
    Greetings from sunshine near Paris,

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Goon Show was a well known radio comedy series featuring Spike Milligan, Harry Secombe, Peter Sellers and Michael Bentine. It was influential due to Spike's surreal sense of humour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Off course, it's hard for a non follower of this radio comedy to get into such stuff. You had to be there at the right time right place. So many things that can't be shared because you weren't there.

      Delete
    2. Very British humour I suppose. It was an influence on Monty Python which had a wider success. Spike Miilgan's war memories is a notable book. 'Adolf Hitler...My Part in His Downfall'

      Delete