Saturday 10 August 2024

































Black Sabbath
Orpheum Theatre
Boston, MA
August 9th 1992

Remastered FM.
Can't say I'm really into Sabs with Ronnie but no disrespect to him...a legend.
Might be a tad tinny as I was trying to bring the vocals and guitar out of the mix.
Brick wall remaster but hey it's supposed to heavy metal right?
Vinny Appice...great drummer...NOT like Bill Ward though.
Sorry to be negative.
I didn't enjoy doing this one.
Saw them in 1980.
Ronnie posing like he was Gandaif during the riffing
when Ozzy would have just stood at one side headbanging.
These middle class Americans ain't from Birmingham UK
or Alabama for that matter.
I'd be interested in your opinion.
regards
Titus
 
Disc 1
01 E5150/The Mob Rules 
02 Computer God
03 Children of the Sea
04 Time Machine
05 War Pigs
06 I
07 Die Young/instrumental guitar jam
 
Disc 2
01 Black Sabbath
02 Master of Insanity/After All (The Dead)/drum solo
03 Iron Man
04 Heaven and Hell
05 Neon Knights
06 Paranoid/Heaven and Hell (reprise)

9 comments:

  1. the best time was until 1978. the original band.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with ya, Titus. Dehumanizer, the album that was new at the time of this show, is easily my favorite Sabbath album with Dio because it isn't full of Ronnie's nonsensical mystic imagery. That said, none of the Dio albums comes close to the original eight albums with Ozzy. And, I've been a drummer for 50 years, and while Vinny is a really good drummer, he can't swing a groove like Bill Ward. Bill Ward himself has said publically that he didn't care for the music on the "Heaven and Hell" album. -Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be honest...don't think I've ever listened to Dehumanizer. Don't like Heaven and Hell and didn't like the Dio solo stuff. Best Dio ever for me was his contribution to Roger Glovers Butterfly Ball. Would have liked to hear Ronnie sing more stuff like that.

      Delete
  3. p.s. that album has my favourite David Coverdale vocal too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dio's vocal contributions to Butterfly Ball are definitely cool, and mostly understated which is a rarity for him. That said, my favorite vocal on the album has to go to Tony Ashton; sounding like a higher-voiced, British Leon Redbone...Love it! If you're interested, my two favorite songs on Dehumanizer are "Letters from Earth" and "After All The Dead." They come closest to the classic Sabbath vibe, and Dio turns in nice vocal performances on both songs. -Bob

      Delete
    2. So many good performances on Butterfly Ball. Jimmy Holms singing Waiting! I'll give Dehumanizer a listen

      Delete
  4. Okay, Lemmy's Overkill with Motorhead is number one. No argue about this. But,
    What about Rainbow Rising LP and Rainbow On Stage 2LP. With Richie and Ronnie.
    IMHO not far from the perfect albums ever !
    Just to have some more comments :) on the Ozzy vs RJD discussion.
    And,
    If I may add,
    Live Evil is my favourite BS live album !
    Don't throw stones at me :)
    Greetings from Paris, we had fun with the Olympics,
    Derek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No argument about Ronnie on Rising/On stage...saw them in 77...magic! Saw Motorhead in 77 and also on the Overkill tour...I'm just bragging now :)

      Delete