Tuesday 13 August 2024

































fIREHOSE
KXLU Studios
Los Angeles, CA
August 31st 1986

Just passing this one on as I didn't feel I could do much to improve it.
The radio station did a reasonable job with this difficult to record band
but it's a bit rough around the edges.
As fans will know Mike Watt is an agressive bass player.
I was a bit disappointed at the lack of response to my Minutemen post
but I suppose Minutemen/fIREHOSE are not exactly household names.
regards
Titus

01 DJ intro
02 Caroms
03 Under the Influence of Meat Puppets
04 It Matters
05 Locked-In
06 Relatin' Dudes to Jazz
07 From 1 Cums 1
08 Chemical Wire
09 The Candle and the Flame
10 Choose Any Memory
11 On Your Knees
12 The Ballad of eDfROMOHIO
13 Things Could Turn Around
14 Brave Captain
15 Another Theory Shot to Shit
16 Perfect Pairs
17 DJ outro

4 comments:

  1. I thought I had this, but after checking, I haven't. It's shit hot, thank you Mr T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. minutemen post?? i'll need to scroll back.
    i saw firehose at least twice on this inaugural tour - and sat in on the interview watt did before that first one - while sting of d boone's death was still quite fresh. a halloween shoiw with sonic youth the band played the entire set behind masks. the music was electric and tight and intricate and all were blown away,

    thanks for this titus!

    mikeL

    ReplyDelete